Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Dara Thai

  1. #11
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenSyntax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erik Ainge</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My family and I ate there about 2 weeks ago and it was aweful.Everybody's food was not very good and for 10 Dollers a plate i would rather go to China Garden. </div></div>

    Sorry to go off topic but China Garden is probably my favorite Chinese restaurant I've ever eaten at .. I'm not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I swear when it comes to Chinese food that place can't be beaten IMO.</div></div>

    Stir Fry in JC, [censored]. That's the best oriental restaurant.

    NSSB--what are your thoughts on Tomy Thai's in Ksport? You seem to know more about Thai food than a lot of people here--is this place in Wise better/worse?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I heard there is some tension between the mexicans and the thais up there. Somebody painted some racial slurs on the back of monterrey [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I got my money on the thai's if it comes down to fighting. They have a better fighting technique and are better with knives.
    crack is whack

  4. #14
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard there is some tension between the mexicans and the thais up there. Somebody painted some racial slurs on the back of monterrey [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>


    Id pay to see that brawl.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I'd pay the venue (parking lot) rental.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Stir Fry in JC, [censored]. That's the best oriental restaurant.

    NSSB--what are your thoughts on Tomy Thai's in Ksport? You seem to know more about Thai food than a lot of people here--is this place in Wise better/worse? </div></div>

    Tomy Thai is americanized crap, as is Stir Fry. Twice I went to TT, twice I came out shaking my head.

    Like I said, if you want good Thai, you're facing a trip to Asheville at the very least.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    Stir Fry in JC, [censored]. That's the best oriental restaurant.

    NSSB--what are your thoughts on Tomy Thai's in Ksport? You seem to know more about Thai food than a lot of people here--is this place in Wise better/worse? </div></div>

    Tomy Thai is americanized crap, as is Stir Fry. Twice I went to TT, twice I came out shaking my head.

    Like I said, if you want good Thai, you're facing a trip to Asheville at the very least.</div></div>

    Fair enough. Next time I'm in Asheville I'll look this place up.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I just had the pad jae this evening.
    I'd say it was good - although I have nothing to compare it to.

    Service was great - seeing as it was in my refrigerator waiting on when I got home this evening ( gotta love those thai food gremlins)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard there is some tension between the mexicans and the thais up there. Somebody painted some racial slurs on the back of monterrey [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>


    Id pay to see that brawl. </div></div>

    Damn right a ethnic brawl would be the shiznit. How many thais work at the place? Imagine our cops trying to break it up? That would be pwnage.
    GO VOLS

  10. #20
    Inactive Member golfgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dara Thai

    I gave this place a second try today and it was great. The service was fast and the food was excellent. My only complaint was that the server needed to be more fluent in English.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •